Thursday, January 5, 2012

Update

Development has been postponed approx. 2 months which is good in many ways. We kept running into development revisions because the designs weren't set, which started causing the project to run over budget. So speaking with Rob at MyProgrammer (www.myprogrammer.com) we decided to pause development for 2 months while we get the designs for the home pages as well as the application pages down solid. This is really the best way to do it. Then following that, they will program out all the pages in one foul swoop and VOILA! Prototype ready for beta testing! So now Pleeb is in total design phase which I think is great, i'm a REAL stickler for UI/UX design it HAS to be great, and 2 months is a good time frame to get it done.

Two main obstacles for securing funding (I mean seriously, if I was an investor I'D have a hard time investing in someone with my weaknesses):
1) The founding team is weak: No proven track record or relevant experience in the technology or business industries; I'm an absolute nooblet so on the surface noone can tell if I'll do a good job or bad one. (Even though i've been reading like a madman about business strategy, planning, marketing, advertising, technology, etc, you NEED a track record to show what you can do.
2) Pleeb has no traction yet and won't until after the prototype is launched. Once it is Pleeb has a chance to show its stuff (user traction and metrics) and I have a chance to show my business acumen through Pleeb's marketing, advertising, user acquisition, and revenue outcomes.

Pleeb will need an infusion of cash to complete development once the design phase is complete. So where can I get this from? Well i've decided to start a company in something I know a lot about: Asset & Liability Protection. I'm going to focus on the mental health private practice industry and teach/coach fellow psychotherapists how to set themselves up for maximum asset and liability protection as well as tax savings. I'll do this through an entity formation and state filings business, as well as forming strategic partnerships with other service providers such as legal, accounting and tax preparation, registered agents, website design and hosting for additional revenue. I'm also planning to provide a one day training seminar on asset & liability protection, and a one day seminar on marketing. I'll use the excess revenues from this venture to fund pleeb's prototype development and initial operating costs. This side venture will also give me a track record in business development and marketing, all of which will provide a compelling investor picture for pleeb and myself when Pleeb requires funding for expansion and development.

Pretty cool eh? I'm spinning my wheels like crazy atm with completing Pleeb's business plan, setting up contractors for Pleeb's design, and forming the new venture. It's pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment