Thursday, May 5, 2011

Wowzers!!!

OMGOSH I just found out tonight that another site www.icount.com has already implemented and launched MY concept....awkward. I sent my tech specs to my graphic designer yesterday and he texted me at 7:30pm (MDT) tonight asking me if i've seen icount, which I hadn't even heard of before. What a freakin shocker as I read through their site description and related news articles. About 80% of their stuff is my concept so naturally I began to think how they stole my idea lol. MAN some of the similarities are STRIKING...like 'for and against' positions on issues. The concept of a political social networking website is SOLID and in a way i'm glad there are others doing this because it makes me focus on developing my competitive advantage which I hadn't spent too much time on before. Great innovation is born from competition. I DO have some angles and ideas in my project tho that I haven't seen in theirs yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment